- Oct 5 - Ken and Joyce met at Wilma and Alan Fisher's wedding rehearsal
- Early June. Ken graduates from University of Wisconsin with a Bachelors
degree in Physics.
- June 19 - Kenneth John Fisher & Joyce Marie Piltz married
- Switched, probably in June from working as a Project Associate in the U
of W Physics dept.
to working (don't recall a title, probably didn't have one) at Prof. Raymond Herb's startup company in
Middleton, National Electrostatics
- June 22 - Grandpa Miller (John F.) died. (Born 6/23/1886)
- July 11 - David John Fisher
- Nov - Started working at Reserve Mining
Co., Silver Bay, MN. Lived in barracks behind commissary for a month.
- Dec - Joyce and Dave (and furniture) came up to Silver Bay. Settled at
- Oct 19 - Lori Ann Fisher birth
- Sep 25 - Grandpa Fisher (Kenneth W.) died (Born 2/5/1911)
- April - Purchased GT-380 Suzuki
new from (Northland Adventure Center) Dave Kolermanainen - $1050.
Sold to Jerry Josephson in April 1981 for $750.
- June 13 - Grandpa Piltz (Donald) died. (Born Oct 26, 1911)
- A bonus to attending the annual SIRSA Board meeting in Orlando was a
family trip to Disneyworld.
- Dave's and my one-week canoe trip out of Sawbill Lake in the Boundary
Waters Canoe Area.
- April - Purchased
from Hills Sporting Den just south of Duluth. $4,070 outfitted with
and fairing. Traded in on 1992 FLHTCU Harley-Davidson in September 1991 (At
- August - Attended Vetter Motorcycle Rally at the Loretta Lynn Dude Ranch
in Hurricane Mills, TN with Norm Danz
- Attended Lemans America National Camp-in (motorcycle rally) at Gore, OK
- Nov - Flew down to Johnson City, TN Thanksgiving weekend for interview
with Joe Cowan - Texas Instruments
- Jan 15 - Report for first day of work for Texas Instruments Process
Controls Division in Johnson City, TN. Temporarily lived in a small apartment on Chilhowie St.
till family could move down.
- South Dakota vacation . Joyce, Lori, Dorothy and I.
Visited Redowl site of Dorothy's family
- May - Dave graduated from High School.
- Late May - Family and household goods moved down to Tennessee -
3404 Manchester Lane
- July - Reserve Mining laid off all employees and filed for bankruptcy in
- Aug 16 - Purchased Frank Goforth's white Datsun Pickup, 68K miles, $3900
- Aug 22-27 - Trip to Moorehead with Dave
- Summer - Lori and Ken vacation to Minnesota. Lori to Susan Burge's, Ken
to Fall Lake near Ely and Grand Maris.
- Oct - Four week Trip to England and France to
install TISTAR control system at Bedford TI office for British Gas, at
Liquifaction de L'aire near Nice, and at the Nangese Sugar Beet factory near
- July - Bike Trip - CO, NM, UT, ID, MT, ... 3 wks, 7281 mi.
- Apr 13 - Hiked Azalea Trail on Bay's mountain to Towers area, met Gary
WA4VZZ working on transmitter.
- Apr/May - Florida Vac - Lori & I met Joyce and Dorothy coming back from
bus trip at Daytona.
- May 21 - Learning Tree International course near Washington D.C.
Lots of bicycling on the C & O Tow Path during the evenings, following it
from lock #10 down to the Mall. 23 miles round trip. Also W&OD trail west
from Tyson's Corners
- Jul - Oregon Trail Bike Trip. 3 wks, 7741 mi.
- July - Donner Party Trail Bike trip. 4 wks, 9465 mi.
- Sep - Traded '82 GS-850 Suzuki for new '92 FLHTCU Harley-Davidson
- Oct - Siemens purchases Texas Instrument's Industrial Systems Division
in Johnson City, TN
- Dec - Dave graduates from ETSU with a degree in Computer Science.
- July - Maine bike trip. 3 wks, 6077 mi.
- May 29 - Moved Lori to Nashville with 17' U-Haul truck and tow dolly for
- July - Jasper/Banff Bike Trip. 3wks, 7488 mi.
- April - Bought black '90 Nissan 4x4 Pickup
- July - Harley in the shop. Trailered the XLH Sporster to Surgis.
- Sep - York, PA Harley-Davidson factory open house. 5-day trip, 1250 mi.
- Oct - Joyce and I explore East Coast in Nissan Pickup. First time on NC
- Nov 5 - Bought Trek 930 Mountain Bike, $495.
- Dec - Passion for hiking Buffalo Mtn trails. Almost every weekend Dec
- Apr 22 - Virginia Creeper Bicycle Trail. Abingdon/Alvarado and back.
- Apr 29 - Bicycle new (as yet unopened) Hwy 23 Temple Rd exit to NC border
and back. 23.6 mi. 2hr 47m. All downhill coming back! Again in May.
- May - Lori Graduates from TSU in Nashville with degree in Physical
- May 29 - Move Lori from Nashville to Columbia, SC using 5'x8' Trailer.
- June 3 - Creeper again. Abingdon to just past intersection with US-58
and back. 32.2 mi. 3 hr 19m.
- June 24 - Tsali Rec Area biking. Overnight at Fontana campground.
- July - Kalispell/Glacier/Rocky Mtn Nat Park Bike trip. 3 wks, 6599 mi.
- Oct 1 - Hiking Buffalo Mtn: High Top - Whiterock loop. 4.75mi, 4hr 45m.
- Oct - Mom Fisher - Stroke
- Oct 14 - David and Linda Married
- Oct 22 & 29 - Biking from Indian Grave Gap
- May - First PCS User Group meeting in Ashville, NC
- Oct 12-20 - Outer Banks. First stay in rented house for a week.
- May 11 - Grandma Fisher (Mildred M.) died. (Born Jan 10, 1913)
- May 22-24 Bicycling at Charleston after "PCS User Group Meeting" Kiawah
and Seabrook Sat afternoon.
- Jun 14 - Learning Tree International NT 4.0 Course. Biking every evening
W&OD or C&O towpath.
- Oct 5-19 - Outer Banks.
- Nov 1 - Lori and Todd Married
- April - First visit to TVA plant (Ocoee 2) to upgrade system
- June - Visited Patterson-Wright AF Museum as part of trip to PCS User
Group meeting in Cincinnati.
- Summer - Joyce and I vacation back to Minnesota. (Fall Lake, Seagull
Lake, rented pop-up in WR.)
- Sep - Purchased '97 GMC Jimmy. 34.7K mi.
- Sep 19-Oct 3- Outer Banks. 487 mi from Johnson City. Lori and Todd there
2nd week. Jaeger to around Cape Hatteras campground loop and back is 16.5
mi. Biked 10 of the 14 mi from Ocracoke ferry landing to village with Lori &Todd.
- Nov 12 - Grandma Piltz (Dorothy) died. (Born Aug 14, 1910)
- Apr - Learning Tree International NT 4.0 course in Atlanta. Bike most
evenings on Stone Mountain trail from the Jimmy Carter Center.
- May - PCS User Group meeting in Buckhead. Biking Stone Mountain trail
- June 14 - Vacation in Wisconsin. Bike
- Sep 18 - Oct 2 - Outer Banks. Arrived one day late due to Hurricane
Floyd, flooding, and detour up around US-58.
Biked 14 mi. ferry
landing to Ocracoke village with Lori and Todd.
- Nov 1-7. Joyce and I to Savanna, Beaufort and
- Mar 27 - Our precious Kaitlyn Marie Marks died. Lori was 33+ weeks
pregnant with her.
- June - Joyce and Lois Alaska Tour
- July - Joyce and Ken baptized at North Johnson City Baptist Church.
- Fall - Outer Banks stay Avon, NC
- Mar 6 - Jeremy Todd Marks birth.
- Jun 13 - Announcement that PCS7 group will be relocated from Johnson
City, TN to Spring House, PA.
- Jun 21 - Interview with Voith Siemens in York, PA for TVA Project
Manager position in Alpharetta, GA.
- (What Month?) - Joyce and Lois took car
trip to upper Michigan
- (What Month?) - Lois came down to Tennessee
for Riverdance in Nashville.
- Jul 16 - Received Voith Siemens job offer.
- Aug 31 - Last day with Siemens Energy & Automation, Inc in Johnson City,
- Sep 4 - First day at Voith Siemens Hydro Power in Alpharetta as TVA
Hydro Automation Project Manager.
- Sep - Outer Banks, Lois can't fly down to join us due to 9/11 terrorist
- Oct 17 - Move into house in
- July - Joyce
and Lois Bus Tour - National Parks of North Central and Western United
- Sep - Switched to Hilton Head Vacation due to reservation pre-payment mix-up
on Cape Hatteras house.
- (Date?) - Joyce and Lois Southwest Parks Bus Tour (Need photos from J
- June - Joyce and Lois Waterfall tour, Blue Ridge Parkway, Great Smoky
Mtn Train Ride - Dillsboro NC, Atlanta Zoo (Need photos from J
- Oct 2 - Brandon Marks birth.
- Oct 20 - John Kenneth Fisher birth.
- March - Joyce and Lois visited brother
Milton and Nora in Florida.
- May 22 - Total miles on Trek 930 bicycle since purchase in Nov '94: 8388 mi.
- July 4th fireworks at Furman
University in Greenville, SC with Marks family.
- August - Joyce and Lois took car trip to Northern Wisconsin.
- Sep 11-25, Hilton Head
Vacation, Port Villas at South Beach in Sea Pines. Marks and D. Fisher
- Apr 4 - Daniel Robert Fisher birth
- May 7 - Breakfast with Wally and Najat
Mourad, not seen since 1968
- May 7-21, HHI Vacation, Lois (flew home out of Savannah Airport on 2nd
Wed) and Lori for the middle weekend.
- July 14-16, Bluegrass Nights at the Ryman, Grand Ole Opry (Program)
- July 31 - Isaacs at GA Mountain Fair, Hiawassee, GA.
- July - Joyce and Lois to Mall of America and Minneapolis Zoo
- Sep 10-17, Hilton Head Vacation,
#9 Lands Ends Rd.
- Dec 31 - Voith-Siemens office in Alpharetta closes as TVA automation
project completes. Ken moves to working out of home office.
- Apr 25 - Chelsea Marks birth
- May 20 - Joe Nall - Triple Tree Aerodrome - First visit
- May 27 - Jun 3 - Hilton Head Bluff Villas with Dave's family
- July 31... Aug 10 - Joyce visits sister Lois in Wis. (Tour Bayfield,
Superior, WI, Eau Claire)
- Aug 25 - Triple Tree Aero Tow
- Sept - Hilton Head Vacation, #9 Lands End Rd, with Marks family.
- Sept 30 - Ken retires from Voith Siemens Hydro Power Generation, Inc.
- Nov - Joyce's cousin, Milo Strozensky and wife Margaret visit from Ohio
- January - Rented "Sandcastle" beach house near Cape San Blas, Florida.
- April - Vacation with Lois at rented beach house on St. Simons Island.
- May 26 - June 2 - Hilton Head Night Heuron Villa with Marks family
- July 28 - Aug 7 - Joyce to WR. Visits The Dells with Lois.
- Aug 8-13 - Lori, Jeremy, Brandon, and Chelsea visit Alpharetta
- Sep 2-9 - Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach FL vacation
- Dec 22 - Christmas at Lori's, catered dinner
- January - Rented beach house at 6 Seabreeze Drive, Ormond Beach,
- Lois, Milt, Nora visited mid-month.
- Met Milo & Margaret Strozinsky for lunch near Orlando
- Apr 26 - May 3, #4501 Parkside Villas, Kiawah Island, SC.
- May 31-June 7, HHI "Dunn House" on Sea Pines Drive with the Marks family
- July 17-30, Joyce WR and Canadian Rockies Rail Tour with Lois
- Sep 13-20, HHI, Sea Pines, 12 Surf Scoter Rd, with the Dave Fisher
family. (Travel Info)
- Dec 17-24, Joyce and Marks family visit Disneyworld.
- Feb 19, Listed Alpharetta house for sale
- May 23-30, HHI "Dunn House" on Sea Pines Drive with the Marks family.
Dave's family also
at HHI this week, staying at Palmetto Dunes.
- July - Provided childcare for 2-1/2 days while Lori and Todd traveled to
Silver Bay to
attend the Kelly High School 1989 reunion.
- Sep - Joyce, Lois, and I, one-week stay at Surf Scoter Road house at
- January - Rented villa at Hilton Head (#1724 Bluff Villas) for the
- May 15 - Moved to 510 Summitbluff Dr., Greenville, SC.
- May 29 - June 4. HHI "Dunn House on Sea Pines Drive with the Marks
- Aug - Added screened porch to Summitbluff Dr. House.
- Sep 18-25, HHI "1887 Beachside Tennis Villas". Joyce, Lois, and I.
- HHI: June 4-11, Dunn House with Marks Family.
- June, Tony and Mayme Beauto visit in Charlotte.
- HHI: June, Dunn House with Marks Family.
- Lots of JT-65/Digital Ham Radio activity
- HHI: #12 Spotted Sandpiper Rd (Near Dunn house which was torn down and
a large mansion since our last visit to the island) With Lori's and Dave's
- May - Boiling Springs family weekend.
- HHI: Late June, #2 Laughing Gull Rd. With the Marks family. (Near
the Dunn house and Spotted Sandpiper Rd location
where we stayed in
- July - Started nightly games of Gin
- Oct - KOA Kamping Kabin, Anderson SC.
- Nov - Purchased 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe "Crossover" SUV
- Dec - Joyce to Charlotte to see Daniel in "Christmas at the Creek".
- Apr 25 - Take delivery on Catrike Villager Recumbent Tadpole Trike
- June - Garden City, SC beach house, one week with Marks family
- July- Moved to Ashmore Bridge apt while new Canyon Ct. home is being
- Sep - Guy Penrod concert at FBCM.
- Nov - Moved into new Canyon Court house.
- Apr - Catrike Villager one-year anniversary, 1721 mi
- July - Girl's Clearwater Vacation